Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reflection on Unit Project

Thus far, I am enjoying the unit 1 project particuarly because of my groupmates. I believe I have a good group who knows how to work together and express to each other effectively. I was a bit nervous when I learned that we must write a ten page criticial introduction together as a group. My first thought was, "wow, ten pages on Harper's? Will we have enough to say to stretch the paper out into ten pages?" Secondly, I was hesitant in working in a group setting where we all have different ideas and styles of writing. However, I am now confident that our unit project will be a success.

By reading an 1850 issue from Harper's Magazine, I learned more about the culture and current news of America and the world in the mid 19th century. It is interesting to read magazines as a form of entertainment in the 1850s and compare them to our magazines today. I am also learning how to write a critical introduction which is a very important skill when writing in the humanities as well as other academic fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment