Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Unit 1

In this class so far we have split into groups and each group has done a few different things with their assigned issue of Harper's Monthly Magazine. Initially, we had to split up the articles between the members and each summarize the ones that we read. Now we're working on writing a 10 page critical introduction of our issue within the group. Each member has to contribute 2 or 3 pages that addresses certain themes or concepts that they were decided on in the group.
I've really enjoyed working in a group so far and I found the workshop to be extremely useful. The only part I didn't really care for was reading the articles and writing the summaries just because it was a lot of reading to do in a little time so my summaries may not have been that great. I've also learned how to write a memo which I know will come in handy so that was interesting and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment